Spaghetti alla carbonara
- May 2006
- 3 large eggs
- 75g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g sliced smoked pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 400g fresh spaghetti
- Beat the eggs together with a whisk, then mix in the cheese and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the pancetta and garlic for about 4 minutes, or until the pancetta starts to brown. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic.
- Meanwhile, place the spaghetti in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and cook for 2–3 minutes, if fresh, until al dente. Allow 6-8 minutes if you are using dried pasta.
- Drain the pasta and add the pancetta and the egg and cheese mixture. Off the heat, toss well to warm the eggs, until they are creamy. Serve immediately, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.
If pancetta is unavailable, replace with 200g smoked streaky bacon rashers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...