- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 minutes, grill time 7-10 min
Is it a carbonara or a frittata? Well, it’s both! An easy, cheesy pasta recipe with a crispy, golden topping that you’ll come back to time and time again
- 26.6g (9.5g saturated)
- 32.6g (5.1g sugars)
- 28g vegetable Knorr Stock Pot (optional)
- 150g spaghetti
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g roast ham, shredded
- 8 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 100ml milk
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
You’ll also need…
- 23cm ovenproof frying pan
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and dissolve the stock pot (if using). Add the spaghetti and cook for 7 minutes until just al dente. Add the broccoli to the pan for the last minute of cooking time – it should still be crunchy. Drain the pasta and broccoli, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Meanwhile, heat the 1 tbsp oil in the pan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the ham and fry briefly, then transfer the mixture to a large bowl and wipe out the pan using kitchen paper.
- Add the cooked broccoli and pasta to the bowl, then stir in the beaten eggs, milk, and most of the feta and chopped dill.
- Turn the grill to high and heat a drizzle of oil in the clean frying pan. Pour in the pasta mixture and scatter the rest of the feta over the top. Cook the frittata over a low-medium heat for 6-8 minutes. When the eggs have set around the edges put the pan under the grill and cook for 7-10 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve sprinkled with the rest of the dill and ground black pepper.
This gives a slightly runny frittata, like a creamy carbonara. If you’d prefer it to be completely set, grill at a lower heat for an extra 5-8 minutes.
Leave out the ham and add 100g defrosted frozen peas with the broccoli in step 3.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...