Pea, leek, pancetta and Taleggio risotto
- June 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 175g risotto rice
- 100ml white Burgundy wine
- 500ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 250g pack Tesco Finest Petit Pois with Leeks & Pancetta
- 100g Taleggio, rind removed, cut into cubes
- Large handful of wild rocket
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and fry over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the risotto rice and stir to coat the grains of rice in the oil. Turn up the heat, pour in the white wine, then bubble for 2-3 minutes until absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot chicken stock, one ladleful at a time, stirring continuously. Wait until each ladleful has almost all been absorbed before adding the next one. Continue until you’ve added all the stock and the rice is al dente. Add the pea, leek and pancetta mixture, then stir until the butter in it has melted.
- Stir in the cubed Taleggio, season well, then divide between 2 plates. Top with wild rocket and a drizzle of olive oil, then serve straightaway. The remaining white Burgundy, chilled, would be an excellent match for this dish.
If you have any leftover risotto, roll it into balls, coat in breadcrumbs and fry, then serve with salad
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter