Pea, leek, pancetta and Taleggio risotto
- June 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
Sweet peas and leeks are a perfect match for the salty bacon and cheese in this risotto recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 175g risotto rice
- 100ml white Burgundy wine
- 500ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 250g pack Tesco Finest Petit Pois with Leeks & Pancetta
- 100g Taleggio, rind removed, cut into cubes
- Large handful of wild rocket
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and fry over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the risotto rice and stir to coat the grains of rice in the oil. Turn up the heat, pour in the white wine, then bubble for 2-3 minutes until absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot chicken stock, one ladleful at a time, stirring continuously. Wait until each ladleful has almost all been absorbed before adding the next one. Continue until you’ve added all the stock and the rice is al dente. Add the pea, leek and pancetta mixture, then stir until the butter in it has melted.
- Stir in the cubed Taleggio, season well, then divide between 2 plates. Top with wild rocket and a drizzle of olive oil, then serve straightaway. The remaining white Burgundy, chilled, would be an excellent match for this dish.
If you have any leftover risotto, roll it into balls, coat in breadcrumbs and fry, then serve with salad
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel, pea and bacon risotto
Everyone needs a great risotto recipe in their weeknight dinner repertoire. We’ve added smoked bacon,...