Pea salad with avocado
- April 2010
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 min
A fresh green salad recipe with a sprinkling of super-healthy pumpkin seeds that goes well with any lunch or supper but we’ve teamed it with a quick chicken cacciatore.
- 15.3g (2.7g saturated)
- 6.4g (3g sugar)
- 150g frozen garden peas
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 4 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Handful vegetarian Parmesan shavings
For the dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Blanch the peas and sugar snaps in a pan of salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again.
- Scatter the lettuce leaves on a large platter. Top with both types of peas, the avocado, pumpkin seeds and Parmesan shavings.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until they have emulsified. Pour over the salad and toss together before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Green bean and pea salad with salad cream dressing
This fresh green bean and fresh pea salad is the perfect accompaniment to any summery...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...