Green bean and pea salad with salad cream dressing
- August 2009
- Serves 4-6
- Takes 5 min to make and 15 min to cook
This fresh green bean and fresh pea salad is the perfect accompaniment to any summery savoury pie.
Our potato, pea and mint salad makes a filling side for picnics and BBQs.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.2g (0.9g saturated)
- 9.1g (1.9g sugar)
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved
- 200g green beans, topped and tailed
- 100g fresh peas
- Bunch of radishes, finely sliced
- 100g watercress
- 50g pea shoots
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp salad cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Place the new potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Bring another pan of water to the boil, add the beans and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Place in the bowl with the potatoes, radishes, watercress and pea shoots.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salad cream, lemon juice, oil and mint. Season with a little salt and ground black pepper, to taste, then pour over the salad and toss together to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...