Pea shoot and egg salad with Parma ham and Pecorino
- August 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
A substantial fresh-tasting salad recipe that’s quick to put together. It would make the perfect summery midweek meal.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 Parma ham slices
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 80g pea shoots
- 25g shaved Pecorino, Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 75g fresh peas, blanched,
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dry-fry the ham slices in a non-stick frying pan until crisp, then cool.
- Soft-boil the eggs for 5½ minutes, then drain, peel and halve.
- In a bowl, toss together pea shoots, cheese, fresh peas, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serve with the eggs and crispy ham over the top.
Rate & review