Grape, Parma ham, blue cheese and walnut salad
- July 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus cooling
Grapes, parma ham, blue cheese and walnuts create a simple summer salad recipe that works well as a starter or lunch.
- 32.3g (8.8g saturated)
- 16.2g (16g sugars)
- 70g each lamb’s lettuce and baby red chard leaves
- 300g black grapes, halved
- 12 slices Parma ham, torn
- 100g Dolcelatte or other mild blue cheese, roughly chopped
- 50g walnuts, toasted and chopped
For the dressing
- 100ml red grape juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Make the dressing. Put the grape juice in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes to reduce by half. Cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in the remaining dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- Mix the leaves, grapes, Parma ham, cheese and walnuts in a bowl. Toss with 4 tablespoons of the dressing, divide between plates and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter