Quick parma ham and mozzarella salad
- April 2015
- Serves 4 as a light supper
- Hands-on time 25 min
Enjoy bountiful spring produce in this quick salad recipe made with purple sprouting broccoli, parma ham, radishes and mozzarella.
- 28.4g(11.4g saturated)
- 7.2g (6.7g sugars)
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls
- 400g purple sprouting broccoli,halved lengthways (see tips)
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 small soft leaf lettuces
- 8 parma ham slices
- 10 radishes, finely sliced
- Crusty bread to serve
For the dressing
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon and juice ½, plus extra to taste
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Take the mozzarella out of the packets, drain and leave to come up to room temperature while you make the rest of the salad. Put the broccoli in a large bowl and toss with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper. Make sure all the stems are coated with a light sheen. Tear the leaves off the lettuces (keep them whole) and arrange on a large serving platter.
- Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot, then cook the broccoli in batches (cut-side down) for 2-3 minutes, without turning, until grill-marked. Flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute until cooked but still with a little bite.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon zest and half the juice with the honey, mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle in the 50ml oil, whisking continuously. Taste and season, adding more lemon juice if you think it needs it – the dressing should taste slightly sweet and sharp.
- Tear the mozzarella into large pieces and arrange over the lettuce. Top with the griddled broccoli, then tuck in the parma ham and scatter over the radish slices. Drizzle over two thirds of the dressing, then serve the salad with crusty bread and extra dressing on the side.
Fresh herbs, finely sliced leafy greens and blanched asparagus make good additions to this salad.
Make the dressing up to 12 hours in advance and keep covered at room temperature. Whisk it well before serving. You could also griddle the broccoli an hour ahead, then serve it at room temperature.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Heirloom cherry tomatoes, burrata and herb pesto pizza
A fresh and light vegetarian pizza topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, creamy burrata and herby...