Peach and amaretti muffins
- September 2004
- Serves 12
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 25-30 minutes to bake
These peach muffins are subtly flavoured with almond essence and contain no dairy – the ultimate breakfast or mid-afternoon treat.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 3.2g (0.6g saturated)
- 47g (25g sugars)
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90ml sunflower oil
- 250g soya yogurt
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 8 amaretti biscuits, roughly broken
- 1 large peach, stoned and cut into 1cm pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Whisk the sugar, a pinch of salt, eggs, oil, soya yogurt and almond essence together in another bowl, then add to the flour. Stir a few times without over-mixing. Fold in the biscuits and peach pieces. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool on a rack.
If you can’t get hold of amaretti biscuits, use 100g of natural marzipan, cut up into cubes as a substitute.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...