- September 2006
- Serves 6
- Ready in 25 min
Love zabaglione? This quick and easy recipe takes it a level up, with a rich addition of juicy peaches. You could use Vin Santo or amontillado sherry instead of Marsala, if you like.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4-5 ripe peaches
- 75g caster sugar, plus extra 1-2 tbsp
- 175ml Marsala, Vin Santo or amontillado sherry, plus extra 3 tbsp
- 6 large egg yolks
- Halve the peaches, remove the stones, then carefully pull off the skins. Slice into a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and sprinkle with the extra sugar to taste, and the extra Marsala, Vin Santo or sherry. Fry briskly for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Spoon into 6 dessert glasses and set aside.
- Put the egg yolks and remaining 75g sugar into a stainless steel or heatproof glass bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk for 5 minutes, until thick and pale yellow.
- Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk for 15 minutes, drizzling in a little of the remaining Marsala, Vin Santo or sherry every now and then, until the mixture almost triples in volume and is light, foamy and holding in soft peaks. Take care not to get the mixture too hot or it will start to cook. Spoon on top of the peaches and serve while still warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Zabaglione with amaretti biscuits
Zabaglione (or sometimes, zabaione) is a light, foamy Italian dessert recipe made by whisking eggs...