Pizza with broad beans and courgettes
- July 2015
- Serves 4 as a light meal
- Hands-on time 30 min
Have fun making a light, summery pizza recipe, using up seasonal broad beans, courgettes and garlicky Greek yogurt.
- 17.1g (6.6g saturated)
- 54g (8.3g sugars)
- 250g self-raising flour
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 100g skinned broad beans
- freshly boiled water
- 3 courgettes
- extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Za’atar (see know-how)
- Heat the oven to its highest temperature. In a mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour with 250g of the Greek yogurt and a few pinches of salt. Bring together into a dough with your hands (add a splash of water if it’s dry), then knead on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out into a 5mm thick circle, then fold over the pin and transfer to a floured baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, put the broad beans in a colander, pour over freshly boiled water and leave to drain.
- Put a griddle pan over a medium heat. Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways, toss in a little olive oil, then griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked. Drain on kitchen paper.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining Greek yogurt with a drizzle of olive oil and crushed garlic, then spread over the pizza. Top with the beans and courgettes, drizzle with a little more oil, then sprinkle with za’atar.
Za’atar is a Middle Eastern mix of dried aromatic herbs, spices and seeds. Find it in the spice aisle of large supermarkets.
Rate & review