Courgette, marinated anchovy and rocket pizza
- June 2014
- 3 courgettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ready-made passata-covered pizza bases (we like Crosta & Mollica, from Waitrose), or make your own with our basic pizza dough recipe
- 200g hard cooking mozzarella
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 16-20 marinated anchovy fillets
- Heat the oven as high as it will go and put a griddle pan over a high heat. Slice the courgettes lengthways into thin ribbons, then toss in olive oil and some salt. When the griddle is hot, cook the courgettes for a couple of minutes on each side until cooked through and soft. Transfer to a bowl and gently squeeze the courgettes to dry them out, tipping away any juices that collect.
- Crush the garlic, then spread onto the pizza bases. Top with the courgette ribbons and mozzarella, thinly sliced from a block. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, toss the rocket with a splash of extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season. When the pizzas are cooked, remove from the oven and top with the marinated anchovy fillets and the dressed rocket. Serve immediately.
If you can’t find passata-covered bases, just spread passata thinly over plain pizza bases.
Rate & review