Pork chops with red pepper pesto baked beans
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
We’ve taken pork chops and baked beans to the next level with one simple, shortcut ingredient: red pepper pesto.
- 16.4g (5.8g saturated)
- 23.7g (7.6g sugars),
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g passata
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
- 2 tbsp red pepper pesto
- 4 free-range British pork chops>
- Juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until softening and starting to colour. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another minute. Pour in the passata and 200ml water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the beans and pesto, then bubble for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drizzle a little oil over each side of the pork chops and season with salt and pepper. Put in the hot pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Season the beans with a squeeze of lemon juice from the ½ lemon and add salt and pepper to taste, then divide among 4 plates along with the pork chops. Sprinkle with the grated cheddar and chopped parsley, then serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
If you prefer, serve the beans on a thick slice of toasted sourdough or alongside a grilled chicken breast.
Rate & review