Potato, mint, pea and broad bean salad
- June 2016
- Serves 10
- Hands-on time 30 min, simmering time 25 min
A potato salad with added oomph – we’ve added mint, peas and broad beans to freshen up this classic summer side dish.
- 10.6g (2.2g saturated)
- 37.6g (4.8g sugars)
- 2kg new potatoes, halved
- 300g peas, defrosted if frozen, or freshly podded
- 300g broad beans (roughly 1.8kg in their pods, double podded)
For the dressing
- Large bunch fresh mint, leaves roughly chopped, 2 sprigs left whole
- 200ml full-fat Greek yogurt
- 100ml mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lemon
- Large bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Put the potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Add the whole mint sprigs and bring to the boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes until tender, adding the peas for the last 5 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water until just warm. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the broad beans.
- Mix the dressing ingredients, then stir into the potatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
To double-pod broad beans, blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, refresh in cold water, then peel.
Make the dressing, without the herbs, up to 48 hours ahead and chill, covered.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Buttery jersey royal potatoes with broad beans, mint and lemon
What a classic summery side dish. Jersey royal potatoes are cooked in a parcel of...