Prawn and veg risotto
- August 2010
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150g risotto rice (we like Riso Gallo 3 Grains Italian Rice, Spelt and Barley)
- 850ml chicken stock
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 300g julienned vegetables (we like Sainsbury’s Layered Vegetables)
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- 150g cooked peeled prawns
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the chopped shallots and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over a low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Add the risotto rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat. One ladleful at a time, add the chicken stock to the pan, making sure it’s fully absorbed before adding another. Continue for 15-20 minutes, stirring, until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and fry the chilli and julienned vegetables for 1-2 minutes. Stir the fried vegetables through the cooked rice, then stir through the soured cream and cooked prawns, along with the lemon zest and juice. Heat through and serve.
Rate & review