Prawns with carrots, chilli and cumin
- January 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Use new season carrots for this healthy, low-fat prawns dish, made with carrots, chilli and cumin, based on a stir-fry from the Middle East.
- 6.6g (1g saturated)
- 10.9g (9.3g sugar)
- 500g carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g fresh, raw, peeled cold-water prawns
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large, mild red chilli, finely sliced on the diagonal
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- Fresh flatleaf parsley, to garnish
- Blanch the carrots in boiling water for a few minutes, until just tender but still with plenty of bite. Drain and refresh under cold water until cool.
- Heat the oil in a wok or wide pan over a medium-high heat. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until they’ve all turned pink. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for about 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Throw the carrots into the same pan, add the lemon juice and stir together. Season with salt, and tip into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and garnish with as much parsley as you fancy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Piri piri prawn and vegetable stir-fry
This fresh prawn stir-fry recipe makes for an exciting meal for four.
Asian-style prawns with spiced herb relish
Serve this Asian-style prawn recipe at your next dinner party as an everyone-dig-in starter –...