Quick beef stir-fry with cabbage and coconut
- April 2016
- Sunflower oil
- 2 British beef rump steaks (about 200g each)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded
- Juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha (or other chilli sauce)
- 90g fresh coconut, in chunks
- Bunch fresh coriander
To serve (optional)
- Drizzle toasted sesame oil
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over a high heat with a splash of oil. When the pan is searing hot, fry the steaks for 2½ minutes on each side, then slice and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes, then add the cabbages and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the lime juice, soy sauce, chilli sauce, half the coconut and half the coriander to the pan. Add the beef and any juices, then stir in the remaining coriander and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.
- Serve with lime wedges, the remaining coriander and a drizzle of sesame oil, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter