Quick bourbon barbecue glaze
- July 2014
- Enough to glaze 4 racks of ribs
- Hands on time 5 min
A must-have quick bourbon glaze marinade if you’re even thinking about making ribs.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1.3g fat (0.1g saturated)
- 0.7g protein
- 16.5g carbs (15.9g sugars)
- 0.1g fibre
- 1.3g salt
- 100ml ketchup
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp molasses or black treacle
- 3 tbsp American yellow mustard
- 6 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp hot or sweet smoked paprika (pimentón)
- 2 tbsp bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pour all the ingredients into a saucepan and heat until the sugar has melted, then bubble for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the raw alcohol smell from the bourbon has gone. Cool, then cover and store in the fridge until required. It will keep for 3-4 weeks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Slow cook recipes
Slow-roast baby back ribs with bourbon barbecue glaze
Go all-American with these slow-roast baby back ribs with bourbon barbecue glaze. A real winner...
Five-minute barbecue sauce
This barbecue sauce is delicious with all meat and vegetables – and it couldn’t be...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...