Quick Caribbean chicken with rice and beans
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 15 minutes in the oven
This easy chicken recipe will take you to the West Indies whatever the weather. Kick back and enjoy this quick-to-cook Caribbean feast in just 30 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 100ml Caribbean cooking sauce
- 115g basmati rice
- 200ml carton coconut cream
- 150ml water
- 300g can kidney beans in water, drained
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Season chicken breasts, add to the hot pan and sear for 2 minutes each side, until golden.
- Transfer to a roasting tin and pour over Caribbean cooking sauce. Roast for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse rice under cold running water for 1 minute, then tip into a medium saucepan. Stir in coconut cream and water, place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes
- Stir in kidney beans and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is just tender. Drain, return to the pan, season, and stir in coriander leaves.
- Divide between plates and serve with the Caribbean chicken, sliced, and the sauce from the roasting tin.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jerk chicken with coconut rice and peas and pineapple salsa
We’ve made this Jamaican favourite a little bit more special with a fabulous homemade jerk...