Quick Caribbean chicken with rice and beans
- September 2007
- 2 free-range, skinless chicken breasts
- 100ml Caribbean cooking sauce
- 115g basmati rice
- 200ml carton coconut cream
- 150ml water
- 300g can kidney beans in water, drained
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Season chicken breasts, add to the hot pan and sear for 2 minutes each side, until golden.
- Transfer to a roasting tin and pour over Caribbean cooking sauce. Roast for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse rice under cold running water for 1 minute, then tip into a medium saucepan. Stir in coconut cream and water, place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 minutes
- Stir in kidney beans and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is just tender. Drain, return to the pan, season, and stir in coriander leaves.
- Divide between plates and serve with the Caribbean chicken, sliced, and the sauce from the roasting tin.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jerk chicken with coconut rice and peas and pineapple salsa
We’ve made this Jamaican favourite a little bit more special...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter