Quick fish and rosti pie
- March 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to cook
Try something new wiht this quick fish pie recipe. It’s made with pesto, topped with a crispy potato rosti and is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 45g butter
- 2 small leeks
- 30g plain flour
- 450ml milk
- 300g mixed seafood
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 4 chilled potato rostis
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Melt 30g butter in a medium saucepan and add the leeks. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in the flour and continue to cook over a medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil then simmer, still stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the seafood and pesto, season well and divide between 4 x 350ml ovenproof dishes.
- Divide the potato rostis between the dishes. Melt the remaining butter in the saucepan, drizzle over the rosti, then season and bake for 15 minutes, until bubbling.
- Pop under the grill for 4 minutes, until golden brown, and serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter