Quick spring rolls
- September 2010
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g bag mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 sheets filo pastry, each cut into 4 rectangles (approx 15cm x 12cm)
- 50g salted butter, melted
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan180ºC/gas 6. Heat the wok over a high heat and add the oil, garlic, ginger and chilli, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the mixed veg, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Spoon the veg into a sieve over a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Place a spoonful of the veg mix at one end of a filo rectangle, in the centre. Roll the filo around the veg until halfway along the filo sheet, then fold each side of unfilled pastry into the centre. Continue rolling into a cylinder and brush with butter to seal. Place on a baking tray and brush with butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
To freeze: freeze the raw, unbuttered spring rolls. Defrost and butter, then cook.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fish fingers with chipped potatoes and tartare sauce
These herby fish fingers with chipped potatoes are a great family meal that’s much healthier...