Quick stuffed jacket potatoes
- April 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 min to make, 30 min to cook
Stuffed with pancetta and Boursin then drizzled with pesto, these jacket potatoes are certainly a step up from your regular bean and cheese version but just as speedy.
- 4 small baking potatoes
- 120g Boursin, or other soft garlic cheese
- 70g crème fraîche
- 10g grated Parmesan
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tsp juice
- 6 pancetta rashers, sliced
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Fresh pesto, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high for 8 minutes until cooked. Place on a baking tray, roll in 1 tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes (or longer if you can) to crisp up the skin.
- Meanwhile, mix the Boursin, crème fraîche, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice together in a bowl and season. Fry the pancetta in a dry frying pan until crisp.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and preheat the grill to high. Slice open and scoop out the potato from the skins. Fold half the potato into the Boursin mix, along with the pancetta and basil (you could save the remaining potato to make quick fishcakes with smoked mackerel and crème fraîche). Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and grill for 5 minutes until golden. Serve with a drizzle of fresh pesto.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with tinned beans
One-pot pancetta stew with butter beans and chorizo
Simmer chorizo, butter beans and pancetta in a chipotle-spiced tomato sauce to make this hearty...