Bubble and squeak jacket potatoes
- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 1 hour 10 minutes to cook
Turn a boring baked potato into a midweek treat using leftover brussels sprouts and crispy streaky bacon pieces.
- 15.1g (8.8g saturated)
- 33.2g (1.8g sugars)
- 8 medium floury potatoes
- 200g cream cheese
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 75g cooked brussels sprouts, shredded
- 50g chopped, crisply fried streaky bacon rashers
- 30g mature Cheddar, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Prick the potatoes with a fork, then rinse and sprinkle over lots of sea salt. Bake on a baking tray for 1 hour until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, leaving it on, and use a sharp knife to split the skins in a cross shape and ease open. Scoop out the fluffy cooked potato into a large bowl, keeping the skins as intact as possible. Stir through the cream cheese, spring onions, shredded sprouts, bacon, most of the grated cheese and seasoning.
- Spoon the filling back into the skins and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until heated through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone, vin santo berries and zabaglione cream trifle
A master pairing of boozy berries, panettone and creamy zabaglione makes this Christmassy trifle recipe...
Best of British recipes
Cheat’s bubble and squeak cakes with smoked haddock and eggs
This easy recipe livens up an ordinary pack of bubble and squeak with the smoky...