Bubble and squeak jacket potatoes
- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 25 minutes to make, 1 hour 10 minutes to cook
Turn a boring baked potato into a midweek treat using leftover brussels sprouts and crispy streaky bacon pieces.
- 15.1g (8.8g saturated)
- 33.2g (1.8g sugars)
- 8 medium floury potatoes
- 200g cream cheese
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 75g cooked brussels sprouts, shredded
- 50g chopped, crisply fried streaky bacon rashers
- 30g mature Cheddar, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Prick the potatoes with a fork, then rinse and sprinkle over lots of sea salt. Bake on a baking tray for 1 hour until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, leaving it on, and use a sharp knife to split the skins in a cross shape and ease open. Scoop out the fluffy cooked potato into a large bowl, keeping the skins as intact as possible. Stir through the cream cheese, spring onions, shredded sprouts, bacon, most of the grated cheese and seasoning.
- Spoon the filling back into the skins and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes until heated through.
Rate & review