- May 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Use Quorn mince to make this easy vegetarian chilli recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 300g pack frozen Quorn mince
- 350g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 410g can kidney beans
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Soured cream or guacamole, to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until softened and charred. Reduce the heat slightly, add the garlic, cumin seeds and Quorn mince. Fry for 3 minutes, then pour the jar of tomato and chilli pasta sauce. Add 150ml water to the jar, rinse out into the pan and stir in the kidney beans.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thick and rich. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Divide between plates and serve with cooked rice. Top with a dollop each of soured cream and fresh, ready-made guacamole, if you like.
Rate & review