- May 2007
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 300g pack frozen Quorn mince
- 350g jar tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 410g can kidney beans
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Soured cream or guacamole, to serve (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until softened and charred. Reduce the heat slightly, add the garlic, cumin seeds and Quorn mince. Fry for 3 minutes, then pour the jar of tomato and chilli pasta sauce. Add 150ml water to the jar, rinse out into the pan and stir in the kidney beans.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thick and rich. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
- Divide between plates and serve with cooked rice. Top with a dollop each of soured cream and fresh, ready-made guacamole, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...