Red cabbage and beetroot salad
- July 2004
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 minutes.
This refreshing, zingy salad is a celebration of red cabbage. It’s a wonderful accompaniment to an outdoor summer feast. For something a little richer, try this beetroot and cabbage coleslaw.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 450g raw baby beetroot
- 100g shredded red cabbage
- 1 small bunch spring onions, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Put the garlic, mustard and vinegar into a bowl and whisk well. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season generously. Set aside.
- Peel the beetroot and grate using a grater or food processor. Put into a bowl with the shredded cabbage and spring onions, parsley and poppy seeds. Drizzle over the dressing and toss together using two forks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beetroot and apple pickle with caraway and coriander
”You can grate the beetroot and apples if you’re making the pickle to be eaten...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...