Red cabbage and beetroot salad
- July 2004
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 minutes.
This refreshing, zingy salad is a celebration of red cabbage. It’s a wonderful accompaniment to an outdoor summer feast. For something a little richer, try this beetroot and cabbage coleslaw.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 450g raw baby beetroot
- 100g shredded red cabbage
- 1 small bunch spring onions, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Put the garlic, mustard and vinegar into a bowl and whisk well. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season generously. Set aside.
- Peel the beetroot and grate using a grater or food processor. Put into a bowl with the shredded cabbage and spring onions, parsley and poppy seeds. Drizzle over the dressing and toss together using two forks.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beetroot and apple pickle with caraway and coriander
”You can grate the beetroot and apples if you’re making the pickle to be eaten...