Red pepper and courgette enchiladas
- March 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on-time 35min, oven time 20 min
These vegetarian enchiladas are perfect for Friday night feasting. Gather the troops and serve them up with lashings of guac and chips.
- 21.5g (11.2g saturated)
- 49g (13.4g sugars)
- 1 large or 2 small red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and ground cumin, toasted in a pan for 1 minute
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 flour tortillas
- 100g grated cheddar
- 100g grated mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the peppers, courgettes and red onion in a little oil in a large bowl. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and fry the veg in batches until tender.
- Toss the fried veg in a bowl with the chilli, ground spices and coriander. Tip back into the pan with a little oil and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In a wide saucepan, heat a little oil and gently fry the chopped onion for 6-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the veg among the tortillas and roll up. Spoon a third of the sauce into an ovenproof dish, put the tortillas on top, then pour over the remaining sauce and scatter with the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review