Ricotta and spinach pancakes in tomato sauce
- November 2006
- Serves 3
- Ready in 30 minutes
This ricotta and spinach pancakes recipe is ready in just 30 minutes making them a perfect midweek meal idea.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 225g bag baby leaf spinach
- 250g tub ricotta
- 6 ready-made unsweetened pancakes
- 350g tub fresh tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 40g vegetarian Parmesan, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the spinach in a colander over a sink, pour over boiling water from the kettle to just wilt it, then refresh under cold running water. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the ricotta, season well and mix together. Divide the mixture between the crêpes, spreading it thinly all over 1 side, then roll up.
- Spread half the fresh tomato and herb pasta sauce over the base of a large ovenproof dish. Lay the crêpes on top, seam-side down, then spread with the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the vegetarian Parmesan and bake for 18-20 minutes, until piping hot throughout. Serve 2 pancakes per person with some rustic bread and a rocket salad, if you like.
Rate & review