Rosemary seared scallops with pancetta, radicchio and toasted hazelnuts
- March 2009
- For 2 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 5 minutes to cook
With only a few simple ingredients, including rosemary and pancetta, you can turn simple seared scallops into an ‘eating out’ experience.
- 35.1g (7.1g saturated)
- 5.8g (3g sugars)
For 1 serving
- 6 large hand-dived scallops
- 6 thin pancetta slices
- 6 small fresh rosemary sprigs, all but the topmost leaves stripped
- Knob of butter
- 1 small radicchio, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Wrap each scallop in a slice of pancetta and secure in place with a sprig of rosemary, skewered through the scallop. (If making ahead, chill until ready to cook.)
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes each side until golden and the pancetta is crisp and cooked.
- In a bowl, toss the radicchio with the oil, vinegar, hazelnuts and some seasoning. Spoon onto 2 serving plates, top with the scallops and spoon over any pan juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter