Rosemary seared scallops with pancetta, radicchio and toasted hazelnuts
- March 2009
- For 2 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 5 minutes to cook
With only a few simple ingredients, including rosemary and pancetta, you can turn simple seared scallops into an ‘eating out’ experience.
- 35.1g (7.1g saturated)
- 5.8g (3g sugars)
For 1 serving
- 6 large hand-dived scallops
- 6 thin pancetta slices
- 6 small fresh rosemary sprigs, all but the topmost leaves stripped
- Knob of butter
- 1 small radicchio, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Wrap each scallop in a slice of pancetta and secure in place with a sprig of rosemary, skewered through the scallop. (If making ahead, chill until ready to cook.)
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes each side until golden and the pancetta is crisp and cooked.
- In a bowl, toss the radicchio with the oil, vinegar, hazelnuts and some seasoning. Spoon onto 2 serving plates, top with the scallops and spoon over any pan juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish Company, to create this simple...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...