Scallops with minted peas
- January 2011
- 250g frozen peas
- 200ml vegetable stock, hot
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- 4 smoked pancetta slices
- 175g pack Waitrose Wild
- Scallops in a Chilli & Lime Marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium hot. Place the peas in a pan with the hot vegetable stock, add the mint sprigs and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and drain, reserving half of the stock. Blend the peas and mint with a stick blender until smooth, adding 3-4 tbsp of the reserved stock to make a smooth mixture. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the pancetta on a baking sheet lined with foil and grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the baking sheet and snip into small pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan until smoking hot. Pat the scallops dry using kitchen paper, then drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fry the scallops for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden and just cooked.
- To serve, divide the pea purée among 4 plates, top each plate with 3 scallops, then scatter over the snipped pancetta. Drizzle with a little olive oil, scatter over the chopped chilli, then serve.
You could use fried chorizo cubes instead of pancetta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Scallops with lemon, basil and chilli brown butter
We used delicious. Produce Award-winning scallops, from The Ethical Shellfish...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter