Low calorie salmon and pea tagliatelle
- December 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
A healthier take on creamy salmon pasta, this recipe uses low-fat yogurt to keep calories and fat content down. If you don’t have tagliatelle, you can use any other pasta shape.
- 13.8g (2.4g saturated)
- 74.1g (7.1g sugar)
- 350g dried tagliatelle
- 400g skinless salmon fillets
- 200ml fresh vegetable stock, hot
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 100g low-fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water, according to the packet instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Place the salmon on the baking sheet, season and put under the hot grill for about 5 minutes each side, until nicely browned and cooked through. Break into large flakes.
- Pour the stock into a small pan and bring to the boil. Add the shallots, peas and plenty of black pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes, until tender.
- Add the yogurt to the hot, cooked pasta, along with the pea mixture and the parsley. Toss together to combine, then gently stir in the salmon. Divide the pasta between bowls and serve immediately.
If the salmon you buy is not skinned, cook it with the skin on, then peel off and discard it after cooking – it’s easier than skinning it raw and you won’t cut off and waste any fish.
A fruity Sicilian white will strike the right balance between juicy flavour and fresh crispness.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...