Smoked salmon and caper linguine
- April 2011
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 minutes
Made with just five ingredients, this easy pasta recipe combines smoked salmon, crème fraîche, capers and fresh dill in a creamy sauce, making it a perfect midweek meal.
- 15.7g (5.5g saturated)
- 74.9g (3.5g sugars)
- 400g linguine or spaghetti
- 200g smoked salmon trimmings
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes for al dente or until cooked to your liking. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water in the pan, then return the pasta to the pan and toss with the oil.
- Return to a very low heat and stir through the remaining ingredients. Season with lots of black pepper and a little salt, then serve immediately.
This is great served with lemon wedges to squeeze over or, for more of a kick, horseradish.
Creamy pasta dishes demand wines with a bit of zip and freshness to cut through the sauce. Sauvignon Blanc is an obvious choice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter