Sausage ragù on cheesy polenta
- June 2006
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 200g quick-cook polenta (we like Merchant Gourmet 1 Minute Cook Polenta)
- 75g mature Cheddar, finely grated
- Cut the sausages into large chunks. Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat – there’s no need to add any oil. When hot, add the sausages and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, stirring, to wilt down. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, until reduced and thickened slightly. Tear over the parsley leaves and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre water to the boil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low, whisk in the polenta and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute, or as directed on the pack, until really thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar, until melted. Season to taste and divide between 4 plates.
- Spoon over the sausage ragù and scatter with extra parsley leaves to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Friday night dinners
Pasta with sausages, fennel seed and mozzarella ragù
This cumberland sausage and mozzarella ragù from Debbie Major takes inspiration from the spicy Italian...
Tagliatelle with sausage ragù, radicchio and hazelnuts
Everyone will love the extra crunch from the hazelnuts in this sausage ragù and tagliatelle...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...