Sausages with ratatouille
- May 2005
- Serves 4
- Takes 35 minutes to make
A hearty, healthy, colourful one-pan sausage recipe that the whole family will love. You’ll learn how to make a ratatouille, too.
- 42.9g (14.8g saturated)
- 22.6g (11.7g sugar)
- 450g ripe plum or cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved, depending on the size
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and cut into chunks
- Few fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chunky sausages
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Toss the tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, courgettes, rosemary and oil together in a large roasting tin and roast for 10 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Stir the vegetables well and arrange the sausages over the top. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, turning the sausages, until evenly browned.
- Push the sausages aside. Pop the garlic from their skins, and mash with some of the tomatoes and mix. Season and serve with the sausages.
Rate & review