Sicilian sausage pasta
- July 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork sausages (we like The Black Farmer, widely available)
- 5 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp Very Lazy Red Chillies (widely available)
- 200g Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Pennoni pasta shapes, or similar
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- Grated Parmesan to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, plus a few extra leaves to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cut the ends off the sausages and remove meatball-sized pieces from the skins. Gently fry the sausage pieces for 9 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden. Add the tomatoes, lemon zest and chillies to the pan, then fry for 2-3 minutes more until the sausage is cooked through and the tomatoes are softened. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and stir through the crème fraîche, some grated Parmesan and a good grating of black pepper. Fold through the sausage sauce, along with a handful of basil leaves, then divide between warmed bowls. Top with more Parmesan and extra basil leaves to serve.
To make this recipe even spicier you could use cooking chorizo instead of pork sausages.
Rate & review