Spicy sausage ravioli with fennel and chilli butter
- August 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 minutes
We’ve used three time-saving ingredients to make this midweek dinner for two – all in just 20 minutes! Pick them up on your way home and make it tonight.
- 18.4g (9.4g saturated)
- 29.5g (3.4g sugars)
- 25g Lurpak Cook’s Range clarified butter, or similar
- 1 bag Steve’s Leaves Fennel Tops & Sweet Leaves, or similar
- 250g pack Soli Spicy Calabrese Sausage Ravioli Pasta, or similar
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Zest ¼ lemon
- Pecorino, grated, to serve
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Heat the clarified butter and chilli flakes in a saucepan. Separate the fennel tops from the salad leaves and stir the fennel tops into the butter. Remove from the heat.
- Drop the ravioli into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes – no more. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl, together with a tablespoon of the pasta water, then toss through the salad leaves.
- Divide between plates. Drizzle with the fennel and chilli butter, scatter with grated pecorino, then season with salt and pepper and serve straightaway.
Next time, heat the butter with tomato pesto, chilli flakes and pecorino. Stir into the pasta. Serve the leaves on the side.
Rate & review