Carbonara-style penne pasta
- June 2008
- 4 smoked bacon rashers, sliced
- 350g tub fresh cheese sauce
- 250g fresh penne
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 50g soft goat’s cheese
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp.
- Meanwhile, warm the fresh cheese sauce in a small pan and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Cook the penne in the water for 3-4 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan. Stir through the cheese sauce, bacon, grated lemon zest, and a few tablespoons of parsley.
- Divide between 2 bowls. Scatter over 50g soft goat’s cheese to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...