Lemon, ricotta and cherry tomato pasta bake
- August 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make, 30 min to cook
Just seven ingredients go into this time-saving lemon, ricotta and cherry tomato pasta bake recipe for a quick, simple and appetising midweek meal.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 150g giant pasta shells
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon and a squeeze of juice
- 150g ricotta
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 50g gruyère (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Cook the pasta shells in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes until just al dente, drain and run under cold water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour over boiling water to wilt. Leave to cool. Pour the tinned tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon juice into a pan and bubble over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes until reduced and thickened. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then toss through the pasta shells.
- Squeeze any excess water out of the spinach, then, in a bowl, mix it with the ricotta and lemon zest. Season. Put the tomatoey pasta in an ovenproof dish and stuff as many shells as you can with the lemony ricotta. Scatter over the fresh cherry tomatoes, sprinkle over the gruyère, then transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...