- March 2012
- Serves 4-6
- Ready in 40 minutes
Nothing beats a classic spaghetti bolognese recipe and this one, cooked with smoked bacon and wine, sure is good.
We’ve a similar version too: easy midweek spaghetti bolognese.
- 24.1g (9.2g saturated)
- 49.5g (5g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 150g smoked bacon lardons
- 500g beef mince, seasoned
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 150ml red wine
- 300ml water
- Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce
- 400g spaghetti
- chopped parsley and parmesan to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, then the onion and bacon lardons for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the mince and fry until browned. Return the onion and bacon, stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, red wine, water and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes until sticky.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain. Return to the pan and fold through the bolognese. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.
Rate & review