Spaghetti, herb and Parmesan omelette
- July 2011
- For 2 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
This isn’t your standard spaghetti recipe, but it sure tastes good. Serve with a large handful of watercress for an extra peppery punch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 30.4g (11.6g saturated)
- 11.6g (0.9g sugars)
- 30g spaghetti
- Knob of butter
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 25g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus extra to serve
- Handful of chopped fresh summer herbs such as chives and parsley
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Handful of watercress to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Heat a sauté pan over a high heat and melt half the butter. Add half the spaghetti and cook, stirring, until it begins to crisp.
- Whisk 3 of the eggs in a jug with a little seasoning, adding half the Parmesan, half the herbs and half the chilli. Pour into the pan, stir well, then cook for 2 minutes until beginning to set in the centre.
- Fold the omelette, then slide onto a warmed serving plate. Keep it warm while you repeat with the rest of the butter, pasta, eggs, cheese, herbs and chilli. Serve topped with watercress and the extra Parmesan.
Rate & review