Spaghetti, herb and Parmesan omelette
- July 2011
- For 2 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
This isn’t your standard spaghetti recipe, but it sure tastes good. Serve with a large handful of watercress for an extra peppery punch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 30.4g (11.6g saturated)
- 11.6g (0.9g sugars)
- 30g spaghetti
- Knob of butter
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 25g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus extra to serve
- Handful of chopped fresh summer herbs such as chives and parsley
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Handful of watercress to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Heat a sauté pan over a high heat and melt half the butter. Add half the spaghetti and cook, stirring, until it begins to crisp.
- Whisk 3 of the eggs in a jug with a little seasoning, adding half the Parmesan, half the herbs and half the chilli. Pour into the pan, stir well, then cook for 2 minutes until beginning to set in the centre.
- Fold the omelette, then slide onto a warmed serving plate. Keep it warm while you repeat with the rest of the butter, pasta, eggs, cheese, herbs and chilli. Serve topped with watercress and the extra Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...