Spaghetti with fresh crab
- May 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 min
This spaghetti and crab recipe looks impressive – and no one will guess just how quick and easy it is to make.
- 17.6g (8.3g saturated)
- 77.5g (6g sugars)
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Knob of butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250g fresh cooked crabmeat, white or mixture of white and brown (see our how-to video below)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200ml fresh fish stock
- 100ml whipping cream
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water for 8-10 min, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 min. Stir in the crab, garlic and stock and simmer for 10 min, until the stock has reduced by two-thirds. Stir in the cream and heat through. Season.
- Drain the pasta, add to the crab sauce with the parsley and gently toss everything together. Divide between 4 warm bowls and serve with lemon wedges.
In Italy this dish would be made with oil, but it has been adapted to suit the British love of creamy sauces with pasta.
Rate & review