Chilli crab noodles
- April 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
An easy crab noodle recipe, made with lots of ingredients you may already have in the storecupboard, that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- 8.5g (1g saturated)
- 60g.8 (8.9g sugars)
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 2 glugs of sunflower or groundnut oil
- 3½ tbsp ketchup
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce
- 200g mixed crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Sliced spring onions and chopped coriander leaves to serve, if you like
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain and run under warm water to rinse off the starch. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan and fry the onions with the oil over a high heat, tossing, until slightly browned and softened. Add the garlic and chillies, then fry, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Mix the ketchup, soy sauce and fish sauce in a bowl. When the onions and garlic are golden, add the sauce mixture to the pan and let it bubble for a minute. Add the noodles with the crabmeat and toss together. Stir in the lime juice, then serve scattered with the spring onions and chopped coriander leaves.
If you’ve got any salted peanuts, handful, finely chopped, would be great stirred through these noodles at the end.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter