Chilli crab noodles
- April 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
An easy crab noodle recipe, made with lots of ingredients you may already have in the storecupboard, that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8.5g (1g saturated)
- 60g.8 (8.9g sugars)
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 chillies, sliced
- 2 glugs of sunflower or groundnut oil
- 3½ tbsp ketchup
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce
- 200g mixed crabmeat (see our how-to video below)
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Sliced spring onions and chopped coriander leaves to serve, if you like
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain and run under warm water to rinse off the starch. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan and fry the onions with the oil over a high heat, tossing, until slightly browned and softened. Add the garlic and chillies, then fry, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Mix the ketchup, soy sauce and fish sauce in a bowl. When the onions and garlic are golden, add the sauce mixture to the pan and let it bubble for a minute. Add the noodles with the crabmeat and toss together. Stir in the lime juice, then serve scattered with the spring onions and chopped coriander leaves.
If you’ve got any salted peanuts, handful, finely chopped, would be great stirred through these noodles at the end.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and lemon farfalle
This simple seafood pasta recipe is quick and easy, but smart enough for entertaining.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...