Spiced tomato and yogurt chicken curry
- January 2005
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp medium curry paste, such as Balti
- 400g can cream of tomato soup
- 200g natural yogurt
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Small handful chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and brown all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Return the browned chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the curry paste. Add the tomato soup, then fill a quarter of the can with water and add to the pan, along with the yogurt. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the beans to the saucepan, cook for 2 minutes, drain, and refresh under cold water. Stir into the curry, cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice and chopped coriander. Season to taste.
- Divide between 4 deep bowls and garnish each with coriander leaves. Serve with rice, naan and a selection of Indian chutneys.
Rate & review