Spiced tomato and yogurt chicken curry
- January 2005
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp medium curry paste, such as Balti
- 400g can cream of tomato soup
- 200g natural yogurt
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Small handful chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and brown all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Return the browned chicken to the pan and stir to coat in the curry paste. Add the tomato soup, then fill a quarter of the can with water and add to the pan, along with the yogurt. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until the sauce has thickened up slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the beans to the saucepan, cook for 2 minutes, drain, and refresh under cold water. Stir into the curry, cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice and chopped coriander. Season to taste.
- Divide between 4 deep bowls and garnish each with coriander leaves. Serve with rice, naan and a selection of Indian chutneys.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...