Spinach and garlic fusilli with crispy breadcrumbs
- June 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
You’ll find almost everything you need for this spinach and garlic fusilli recipe in your storecupboard.
Check out more of our budget pasta recipes to help you through until pay day.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.4g (1.5g saturated)
- 66.6g (4.2g sugars)
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 lemon
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley
- Parmesan or vegetarian alternative (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the water.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the breadcrumbs. Toast for 2-3 minutes until golden, tossing regularly. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and slice the garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in the frying pan, then fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon into the pan and squeeze in the juice. Add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water and remaining oil. Roughly tear the parsley and toss through. Season well with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the crispy breadcrumbs and shave cheese over (if using) to serve.
Rate & review