Spring lamb pies
- June 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 30 mins cooking time
This quick lamb pie recipe is great for using up frozen vegetables. Use wedges of sweet potato as a colourful alternative.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 350g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200ml hot lamb stock
- 120g frozen chantenay or baby carrots
- 70g frozen peas
- A small bunch of fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 300g frozen potato wedges
- 50g grated mature Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Season the lamb mince, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan and fry the mince, stirring, until browned. Add Worcestershire sauce and hot lamb stock to the pan and bubble rapidly for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir through carrots, peas and fresh mint leaves. Spoon between 2 x 500ml gratin dishes and top with frozen potato wedges. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then sprinkle the wedges with grated mature Cheddar and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until piping hot and golden brown on top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Individual potato and lamb pies
These individual lamb and rosemary hotpots are hearty and warming. They can also be frozen...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...