Sticky chilli and mint pineapple
- December 2008
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus macerating
This pineapple dessert recipe adds chilli and finely chopped mint for a unique twist.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 1 large, ripe pineapple
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml rum or water
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Peel, core and cut the pineapple into chunks. Sprinkle with a little caster sugar and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the caster sugar with the rum or water and the red chilli, finely chopped, until sticky, then add the chopped fresh mint.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the pineapple, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side until slightly caramelised.
- Place in a bowl, pour over the syrup and leave to macerate until ready to serve.
Rate & review