Sticky chilli and mint pineapple
- December 2008
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus macerating
This pineapple dessert recipe adds chilli and finely chopped mint for a unique twist. Serve this easy vegan pud with whipped coconut cream.
Check out more quick and easy dessert recipes.
- 1 large, ripe pineapple
- 50g caster sugar
- 50ml rum or water
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Peel, core and cut the pineapple into chunks. Sprinkle with a little caster sugar and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the caster sugar with the rum or water and the red chilli, finely chopped, until sticky, then add the chopped fresh mint.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the pineapple, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side until slightly caramelised.
- Place in a bowl, pour over the syrup and leave to macerate until ready to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter