Pineapple, mango and coconut fruit salad
- August 2008
- 1 pineapple
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and sliced mango
- A few tbsp of vanilla syrup (from Sainsbury’s Special Selection)
- Strips of coconut
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Coconut ice cream (look for Hill Station Coconut and Rum Ice Cream, from gourmet food shops)
- Peel and quarter a ripe pineapple, then cut into long thin wedges. Toss together with the mango.
- Drizzle over the vanilla syrup.
- Toast strips of coconut until crunchy and golden.
- Scatter over the fruit with fresh mint leaves and serve with either coconut ice cream (look for Hill Station Coconut and Rum Ice Cream, from gourmet food shops) or vanilla ice cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter