Stir-fried purple sprouting broccoli
- April 2004
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 20 minutes
A vegetarian recipe that packs a punch. This intensely zingy stir-fry works as well at a dinner party as it does as a midweek supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 level tsp fresh chopped ginger
- 1 kilo purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed as for the pasta recipe
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime and 1/2 its grated zest
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Heat the oil in a wok and when nice and hot throw in the garlic, chili and ginger. Fry, stirring, for about 30 seconds before adding the broccoli and the red onion. Stir and fry for another 30 seconds before adding the lime juice and zest. A minute or so later add the soy sauce and the honey.
This stir-fry is fantastic with sea-food – a few scallops or prawns or a couple of squids, cut into rings. Alternatively, pop it on a plate next to a whole grilled, mackerel for a very virtuous supper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...
Easy dinner party mains
Whole sea bass with purple sprouting broccoli, chilli and garlic
Whole sea bass makes an impressive dinner party main – this simple recipe uses only...