- July 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus chilling
It might seem unusual but this refreshing strawberry soup recipe is the perfect way to end a meal on a hot summer’s day.
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 35g (35g sugar)
- trace salt
- 75cl bottle medium-dry rosé wine
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp summer fruit cordial (we like Belvoir Raspberry & Rose cordial, call 01476 870286 for stockists)
- Piece of orange zest, plus 6 extra pieces to decorate
- 400g small strawberries
- Pour the rosé wine into a saucepan, add the sugar, cordial and orange zest. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, transfer the liquid to a large bowl and chill for a few hours.
- Hull and halve the strawberries and add to the chilled soup. Ladle the strawberry soup into 6 shallow bowls and decorate each with a piece of orange zest to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
July seasonal recipes
Pistachio macaroon meringues with strawberry fool topping
Adding almonds and pistachios to classic meringues takes them to a whole new level –...