- July 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus chilling
It might seem unusual but this refreshing strawberry soup recipe is the perfect way to end a meal on a hot summer’s day.
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 35g (35g sugar)
- trace salt
- 75cl bottle medium-dry rosé wine
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp summer fruit cordial (we like Belvoir Raspberry & Rose cordial, call 01476 870286 for stockists)
- Piece of orange zest, plus 6 extra pieces to decorate
- 400g small strawberries
- Pour the rosé wine into a saucepan, add the sugar, cordial and orange zest. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, transfer the liquid to a large bowl and chill for a few hours.
- Hull and halve the strawberries and add to the chilled soup. Ladle the strawberry soup into 6 shallow bowls and decorate each with a piece of orange zest to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
July seasonal recipes
Pistachio macaroon meringues with strawberry fool topping
Adding almonds and pistachios to classic meringues takes them to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter