Strawberry and mascarpone gelato
- May 2008
- Serves 8
- Takes 30 min to make, about 1 hour to macerate, plus overnight freezing
Strawberry and mascarpone is a classic combination, and this is one of the easiest ice cream recipes you could possibly make.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 38.8g (27.2g saturated)
- 54.7g (48.5g sugar)
- 300g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
For the soft strawberries
- 200g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Put the chopped strawberries in a bowl. Add the cordial and sprinkle over the sugar. Set aside to macerate for up to 1 hour.
- Beat the mascarpone and white chocolate together, then fold through the strawberry mixture. Put in a cling film-lined, straight-sided freezer-proof box (about 1 litre) and freeze overnight.
- For the soft strawberries, put the berries and cordial in a bowl, then sprinkle with sugar. Set aside for 15 minutes. Slice the ice cream and spoon over the strawberries to serve.
Try swapping the elderflower cordial for blackcurrant flavour instead.
Rate & review