Strawberry and mascarpone gelato
- May 2008
- Serves 8
- Takes 30 min to make, about 1 hour to macerate, plus overnight freezing
Strawberry and mascarpone is a classic combination, and this is one of the easiest ice cream recipes you could possibly make.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 38.8g (27.2g saturated)
- 54.7g (48.5g sugar)
- 300g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
For the soft strawberries
- 200g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Put the chopped strawberries in a bowl. Add the cordial and sprinkle over the sugar. Set aside to macerate for up to 1 hour.
- Beat the mascarpone and white chocolate together, then fold through the strawberry mixture. Put in a cling film-lined, straight-sided freezer-proof box (about 1 litre) and freeze overnight.
- For the soft strawberries, put the berries and cordial in a bowl, then sprinkle with sugar. Set aside for 15 minutes. Slice the ice cream and spoon over the strawberries to serve.
Try swapping the elderflower cordial for blackcurrant flavour instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...