Surf and turf pasta
- July 2019
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
This 15-minute surf and turf pasta recipe makes a summery dinner for one. Combine smoky, spicy chorizo with sweet-fleshed tiger prawns for a speedy, great-tasting supper.
Or skip the meat and go straight for seafood with our popular chilli, prawn and tomato pasta.
- 38.6g (9.3g saturated)
- 58.1g (2.1g sugars)
- 80g linguine
- 1 chorizo cooking sausage (about 50g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sustainable raw tiger prawns, peeled
- Small handful watercress
- A few shavings manchego or mature cheddar
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, remove the outer casing from the chorizo and roughly chop the sausage. Heat a splash of the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the chorizo for a few minutes, breaking it up as you cook, until crisp. Add the prawns and a splash more oil, then cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the prawns are
pink and cooked through.
- Add most of the reserved pasta water to the pan, then add the pasta and stir to combine, adding a splash more water if needed.
- Serve in a deep pasta bowl, topped with the watercress (see tip) and a few shavings of manchego or cheddar, then drizzle over the remaining oil and add a good grinding of black pepper.
Try a handful of rocket or spinach instead of watercress, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter